Sunday, January 1, 2012

Evolution, Me & Other Freaks of Nature By Robin Brande


Title: Evolution, Me & Other Freaks of Nature
Author: Robin Brande
Series: Lone book
Release Date: August 28th 2007
Published By: Knopf books for Young Readers

Your best friend hates you. The guy you liked hates you. Your entire group of friends hates you.

All because you did the right thing.

Welcome to life for Mena, whose year is starting off in the worst way possible. She's been kicked out of her church group and no one will talk to her—not even her own parents. No one except for Casey, her supersmart lab partner in science class, who's pretty funny for the most brilliant guy on earth.

And when Ms. Shepherd begins the unit on evolution, school becomes more dramatic than Mena could ever imagine . . . and her own life is about to evolve in some amazing and unexpected ways.

My Review: This book got me from the first page. I did have a problem with it though because the whole story about this book is about what she did to make (almost) everyone hate her and it didn't tell me what happened until around 150 pages in. I fell in love with Casey he was just one of the most sweet and geeky guys and I loved him. I also loved Casey's sister Kayla, her boyfriend Josh, Casey's mom, there biology teacher Ms. Shepard, and of course I loved the main character Mena.

I rate the characters 5 stars
I rate the plot 4 1/2
I rate the cover 5 starts
I rate the overall book 5 stars






2 comments:

  1. New follower! I hope you like The Iron Daughter. The series is so fun. I am currently waiting for Iron Knight to arrive. Looking forward to your reviews!

    ohpaperpages.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to add this book to my tbr list! Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete